TERMS & CONDITIONS OF BUSINESS
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service.
By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms then you may not access the Service.
QUOTATIONS & AGREEMENTS
- Consultations and quotations are provided free of charge.
- Written quotations will be provided before any work commences.
- A signed agreement and statement of work is required indicating that the client accepts the terms and conditions outlined before the commencement of works.
- OpenDesk Virtual Business Support reserve the right to amend our quotation if additional work is required or supplier prices change. The additional Services will be agreed in subsequent email correspondence between the parties.
- Any terms of the agreement may be amended or waived only with the written consent of both parties.
- Contracts can be terminated by either party with 30 days written notice. OpenDesk Virtual Business Support shall be paid for any portion of the Services that have been performed prior to the termination in accordance with the Statement of Work. The Agreement may also be terminated at any time by mutual consent.
- Final proof reading is the responsibility of the client and any errors should be notified within 3 working days of receipt for correction free of charge.
- After 3 working days work is deemed as being accepted and any further omissions after this time will be corrected and charged to the client.
- OpenDesk Virtual Business Support will accept no liability or loss arising from the performance of the Service carried out under the Agreement.
- OpenDesk Virtual Business Support will not be held responsible for the end use of any work carried out by the Service.
- Communications with the client will be made by any reasonable request.
- Both parties affirm that the appropriate insurance coverage with regards to the services agreed upon has been obtained.
- Personal visits to our premises are not permitted for insurance purposes. All necessary meetings will be held at alternative locations.
- OpenDesk Virtual Business Support reserves the right to decline any work with an onerous or unethical scope, or any additional work which may place a strain on business resources.
- Unless otherwise agreed, or in the event of an emergency, any calls, texts and emails sent for new tasks outside of OpenDesk Virtual Business Support’s core business hours of 9am-5pm GMT/BST – Monday to Friday will receive a response once core business hours resume. Any work specifically required outside of these times may be subject to an uplift fee.
- OpenDesk Virtual Business Support reserves the right to review these Terms of Business from time to time. Any changes in these terms will be communicated to clients in writing at least 28 days in advance of the proposed change.
CHARGES & PAYMENTS
- OpenDesk Virtual Business Support is not currently VAT Registered.
- All charges are time tracked and reported to the client on a monthly basis.
- OpenDesk Virtual Business Support reserves the right to request full or partial payments for ‘pay as you go’ clients before the commencement of work.
- OpenDesk Virtual Business Support shall invoice the client and the client shall reimburse all reasonable and pre-approved out-of-pocket expenses that are incurred in connection with the service provided.
- Payment is strictly 14 days from receipt of invoice with the exception of the clients initial invoice which is due on receipt.
- Payments not received by due date will result in work cessation. OpenDesk Virtual Business Support reserves the right to refuse completion or delivery of work until past due balances are paid.
- In the event the client fails to remit payment of any amount on or before the due date the payment will accrue interest from that date due at the annual rate of 2% above the base lending rate accruing on a daily basis and being compounded quarterly until payment is made.
- In the event of collection enforcement, the client shall be liable for any costs associated with such collection.
- Payments can be made BACS.
- Prices are reviewed annually and are subject to change, regular clients will be notified of changes in writing.
11. 48 hour’s notice is required for late cancellation of work and will incur a £25 administration fee.
All fees will be reviewed biannually on 1st January and 1st July of each year.
CONFIDENTIALITY & GDPR COMPLIANCE
- Both Parties ensure that they are in full compliance with their respective obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation, (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679. Each Party will, if applicable, notify the other party in a timely manner in the event of a data breach that involves the other party’s data.
- OpenDesk Virtual Business Support is registered to the Information Commissioner’s office ref: A8743741
- OpenDesk Virtual Business Support will ensure confidentiality at all times.
- No information will be made available to third parties.
- All work will be kept on file for 12 months. Unless specifically instructed, work will be deleted after this time.
- Sensitive and original documents should be sent by recorded mail.
INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR RELATIONSHIP
OpenDesk Virtual Business Support’s relationship to the client shall be that of an independent contractor. OpenDesk Virtual Business Support shall be free to work with other companies so long as such work does not present a conflict of interest with regards to the agreement or result in the disclosure of confidential Information.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us.